The PSS Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal that uses a self-aligning high density carbon-graphite stator to ensure a 100% watertight seal with proven reliability.
The carbon stator is held against an O-ring seated stainless steel collar by a tough, chemical and fuel resistant nitrile rubber bellow.
This seal will eliminate shaft wear and minimize corrosion.
- 3-1/2" Shaft X 4-1/2" to 4-5/8" Log Dripless Shaft Seal
- Shaft Diameter: 3-1/2"
- Stern Tube / Log Diameter: 4-1/2" to 4-5/8"
- Unaffected by engine motion or vibration.
- Precision seal - no spray guard, no dripping.
- No more packing replacement, or needless bilge pumping.
- Highest quality materials and computer-precision machining.
- Highly durable, low maintenance and cost effective solution.
- World leading dripless mechanical face seal for marine applications.
- Certified by ABS, BV (or Bureau Veritas), RINA, and US Coast guard approved.
- Ideal replacement for packing glands and lip seals in marine or industrial environments.
- Can be installed as a replacement for the leaking packing gland or on shafts in less than ideal condition.
- Requires virtually no maintenance and is provided as standard equipment by many of the world's finest builders and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- All shaft seals include a hose barb fitting on the carbon flange for either simple venting above the waterline (low speed boats), or for cooling water feed (vessels over 12 knots) which is easily installed with the use of a Tee Kit, sold separately
- Manufacturer: PSS Packless Sealing System
- Model: Dripless Shaft Seal
- Part Number: 02-312-412
- Also Known As: 02312412